Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Barack Obama, The Weather Underground, And The Spirit Of Revolution

by Sandy Rios - April 28th, 2008 - Townhall.com

My first memory of the impact of it all was when I was 13, sitting in my sister’s apartment, watching the evening news with Walter Cronkite. “103 American GIs killed today,” he intoned, as film of soldiers shooting Vietnamese rolled by. The nightly news always began that way … never a story of heroism or victory, just body bags and carnage as the anti-war media chose to report it.

Next was footage of Los Angeles burning, riots and looting, shootings on college campuses, all with flag burning as a backdrop. In the midst of it all, my sister’s Middle Eastern boyfriend gleefully shouted, “Come on America, destroy yourself!” I wanted to hit him. I tried to argue, but he mocked me. Because of my youth, I was no match for his vocabulary and knowledge. I felt inadequate to express the overpowering emotions of anger and rage. And pain. My beloved country, falling apart at the seams with a representative of one of its future enemies sitting right next to me, cheering it on. War vs. peace, communism vs. freedom, law vs. lawlessness, racism, anarchy and the future threat of radical Islam—all converged in that one room. And the passion that comes from love of country and all that is good began its deep roots in me.

Wow. This is a powerful article. The damage done to our country by revolutionary agents from the 60s is only exceeded by the insanity that we have tolerated in our Universities. A great number of these evil people, people who hate our nation, are today tenured professors and we treat them as honored citizens. The quote that is most enraging is the one by Bernadette Dohrn Ayers, unrepentant revolutionary, law professor and wife of the equally evil hater of America (and the couple who held the first fund raiser for the Presidential candidate Barrack Obama to get him in to politics). “We have extraordinary responsibility inside the heart of the monster,” she warned in 2007. “Guilty as sin and free as a bird,” boasted Ayers of her continuing hatred for America.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home