Sunday, September 03, 2006

Justice For Scooter Libby

Editorial - September 3rd, 2006 - New York Post
Still, [Colin] Powell emerges from all this as damaged goods - and rightly so.

He gets a call from his No. 2, who admits to leaking the Plame-Wilson info - the focus of a huge furor. But does Powell tell this to his boss, the president of the United States?

No.

Rather, according to Isikoff, Powell directed State Department counsel to give the White House a bare minimum of information - and to leave Armitage out of it. He let the investigation expand, fester and envelop the White House, the vice president's office and elsewhere.

In a time of war, when the president and his team needed to be fully focused on far bigger issues, the administration was distracted by a "non-scandal" that Colin Powell could have stopped at a moment's notice.

Though he has left the administration, Powell's betrayal by not speaking up has had major ramifications.


There is no question but that special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald should be charged with prosecutorial abuse. He certainly should be fired. It is now clear that no crime was commmitted in outing Valerie Plame, outing her was not done by the Bush Whitehouse as charged, there was no conspiracy to punish Joe Wilson (the liar), and that Scooter Libby could not have been lying in furtherance of a conspiracy that did not exist.

Patrick Fitzgerald has essentially charged Libby with numerous felonies on the basis of one disagreement about what was said at a single interview between Lbby and the reporter who was there. However Fitzgerald has insisted that since there was a conspiracy (which there wasn't) Libby knowingly lied to federal investigators.

There was a time in this nation when the American Court system was not a system of blackmail and extortion, but that time has long since passed. Our court system is the most corrupt and immoral court system in the world. Our Judges should all be impeached, from top to bottom. This FARCE is simply one more example of how evil our system has become.

If either Patrick Fitzgerald or Colin Powell are not punished for what they have done there is no justice. However this is America, and today, there is no justice in America. Nothing will happen to either.




1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Curly Morris said...

Ahhh Dean Stephens fake journalists numero uno in the Roanoke Chowan region.


You know, I've actually taken the time to read many of your posts and give you the benefit of the doubt.


I always try to understand the point of view of the author of anything that I read and figure out what point they were trying to convey.


I now see what point you are trying to convey in most of your post...."Please pay attention to me".

While it is indeed true that the blogging community has become a force to be reckoned with in the world of political debate and social forums, it is imcumbent on the blogger to be as well informed if not more than their published counterparts.


I've seen you attack and attempt to tear down any and every black public figure that makes the grievous error of speaking in public (I guess that you would rather we all go back to Africa...well your grandaddy should not have brought us here to do his work for him).


Secondly you never ever appear to have any opinion on the other side of any argument, which indicates that you don't know anything about your ideological competition.


Typical...you even attacked one of my colums on NC and it's future in alternative fuels.


Sheesh, that was really just fluff material to allow some of the participants some 'ink time" in the newspaper. It wasn't meant to be a in depth social commentary on the future of NC agriculture. Plus I had a word limit, you would know that if you were a real journalist.


If I wanted to write articles for the academic world I would get a job teaching.


Instead I decided to get a 'job' writing.


About three years ago I joined a yahoo group for white supremists and sparred with those guys for months before they just shut down the group.


That was fun!


I love to argue, especially with the uninformed.


Maybe if your blog posts were more substantial and relevant I would even engage you 1 on 1 about a serious topic.


But as long as your blog is designed to do nothing more than attack working journalists and assail black people who have the audacity to think that going to college allows us the right speak without preceding evry statement with 'yes massuh'.


But it's cool, your type of white person is dying a nice long slow death as you all get close to the life expentancy age.

And your children have been turned to the other side with rap music.


It is people like yourself that make me chuckle whenever I see some black kid with his pants halfway down his pants with a mouth full of gold teeth blasting cuss filled music out of his vehicle.


I hate it as well but not nearly as much as you do, and for that I love it.

lol lol lol


I will be addressing your ancestors in this week's column, which I'm sure that you can't wait to carve up.


I can't wait, I'm dying to see how you justfy the kidnapping and enslavement of over 200 million africans, the robbery, rape and plundering of the natives and resources of this continent.


I'm sure that you have an article discouting the holocaust as a 'non-event' somewhere in your archives.


Tell me something, when you and your friend meet at night, do the hoods get in the way when you guys are trying to get the chewing tobacco in your mouths.


LMAO


I tell ya, you are more fun to read than David Duke, and he's friend of mine...NOT.


The war in America is still being fought and it's far from over.
You guys fired the first shot, but your arrogance, bigotry and demonic religious theories are now catching up with you. Good.


Unfortunately for you and your friends, (and you all know who I'm talking about), your man Dubya has helped turn the world against your cause, and because all of you still actually speak in church with those mouths, the reaper cometh.


Have you ever heard the expression
"What goes around, comes around" ?
Well blacks and hispanics, are 'coming around' in this country, and your friends and you are now reaping what you have sown.

I'll happily engage you on this blog if for no other reason that you and your friends prove my point every day about you and your friends (huh?).

But I won't be nice, because I honestly do not like you, or your friends, not a single bit, and luckily for me, you started a blog so I can tell you all about my dislike for your kind as much as possible, but as you say 'in an intellectual way'.
So, help me move further up the search engines by repeadtedly calling me out for my colums.
I see that two of my entries in the first 20 ages are from your blog. Thanks, I need the publicity.

Make sure that you attend my book signing in November, take pictures, write a story telling your friends how I am a big mouth ni**a that needs to be shut up.

Then you and your friends can come seek me out 'in the hod' and try to shut me up.

But be careful if you come, remember, you guys gave us drugs and guns, so we might be armed and high...thanks to your folks!

p.s. by December, you and your friends are really gonna hate me.
Watch. :)

Curly Morris
Black Man
"Descendent of Africans stolen from their homeland and brought to this country to work the land stolen from the natives beacuse the thieves and pillagers who arrived from the Caucus Mountains were weak bodied and didn't know how to till the soil so they created false gods and prophets to confuse the tribes"

Windsor
North Carolina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home