Sunday, July 05, 2009

Storm Clouds...

... on the Fourth of July

by Roger Simon - July 4th, 2009 - PajamasMedia

I don’t think I’ve ever seen my country so divided and depressed on the Fourth of July in my lifetime and - no matter what Bob Dylan dreamed up - I’m not young, forever or otherwise. That includes the Vietnam War period when both sides at least had some conviction and excitement for the future, even if wrong. Not so now. The current situation is grim.

The traditional logic of all the professional politicians is that Sarah Palin should have continued to play by the standard rules. I agree with Sarah. Playing by the rules is insane. We are at war. The Alinsky attacks would never have ended but now she has the freedom to fight the war by different rules. Why are Republicans so stupid? Do they not see we are losing? It is time to play by different rules and that includes adopting the tactics of the opposition. It is not like they are beheading us, at least not yet.

Filing ethics charges that are trivial may seem not right, but if that is the rules of the games, why not? If being Governor allows you no room to attack back in a meaningful way, why not throw out the rules and move to a better strategic position. If Palin is not fighting for us, that is one thing. But the problem is that she is being treated as if this is all about political power for her. What nonsense.


I personally have acquired nothing but contempt for idiots like Jonah Goldberg, who thinks that there is some need for her to stand there and take these shots. He never wrote a single word attacking the attackers. He worked overtime sucking up to the liberal producers of all the TV shows he gets asked to come on. He knows where his bread is buttered. He stands for screw America, its all about me-me-me. People like Palin are patriots.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home