"Pledge to America: The New Republican Agenda,"
The following is an overview provided by CBS News
- Stop job-killing tax hikes
- Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income
- Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit
- Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.
- Repeal and Replace health care
- Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)
- Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward
- Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority
- Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote
- Provide resources to troops
- Fund missile defense
- Enforce sanctions in Iran
Here is the entire document:
GOP Pledge to America
I will have further comments later when I have had time to do more than read through one time, but my first reaction is:
When, if ever, will the gutless lawyers who dominate congress rein in the out of control courts?
I understand priorities. However no action on this will mean the pledge is at risk of coming apart over court subversion. Good start, but...