Saturday, June 20, 2009

'45 Million Americans'

Who are those guys?

by Larry Elder - June 18th, 2009 - Creator's Syndicate

Start with the math. We have 300 million Americans. Subtract the 45 million — 15 percent of us — with no health insurance. That leaves 255 million Americans, or 85 percent, with it.

And the insurance is lousy, right? Not according to a 2006 ABC News/Kaiser Family Foundation/USA Today survey. It found that 89 percent of Americans were satisfied with the quality of their own health care.

So calling it a crisis is misleading. The breakdown of the 45 million who "supposedly" can't afford health care shows this claim is totally misleading too.

20%, or 9 million, make over $75,000 a year. Are you ready to provide insurance for them?

Nearly half, over 20 million, are young people who could afford health care but don't bother since they are almost never sick.

11 million are eligible for SCHIP or Medicaid but, again, are almost never sick so they don't bother.

2 million of them are in jail and already get free medical care, at your expense. What value is there in giving them insurance? Does anyone think this will help them?

9 million are illegal aliens who are trying to stay below the radar and who certainly should not have free health care since they don't even belong here.

Millions, estimated at nearly 3 million, are family members of people who, even though they work at companies who offer them insurance at a fraction of the cost the government can provide it for, chose not to pay it.

As the article notes, no health insurance does not mean no health care. Many of those above simply go to the emergency room for free health care when they need it. No one in America goes without health care.

So what is the crisis? The millions of newly created bureaucratic jobs to monitor the health care of you and your family because you are too stupid to do this yourself if socialized medicine can be passed. Make no mistake. This is socialized medicine. Until we have it, this is a crisis for the Democrat Party, because they are the party whose members will take these jobs. It is all about Chicago style socialism, filled with corruption, graft and appointed jobs for the politically connected.

Is more graft by nationalizing the Chicago political machine to take over medicine really what you want?


Post a Comment

<< Home