Friday, October 23, 2009

White House Attacks
Worry Moderate Democrats

by Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - October 23rd, 2009 - Politico

A White House effort to undermine conservative critics is generating a backlash on Capitol Hill — and not just from Republicans.

“It’s a mistake,” said Rep. Jason Altmire, a moderate Democrat from western Pennsylvania. “I think it’s beneath the White House to get into a tit for tat with news organizations.”

Altmire was talking about the Obama administration’s efforts to undercut Fox News. But he said his remarks applied just the same to White House efforts to marginalize the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a powerful business lobby targeted for its opposition to climate change legislation.

First they came for the Auto Companies, and I did not speak out - because I was not an Auto Company.
Next they came for Rush Limbaugh, and I did not speak out - because I was not a listener of his show.
Next they came for Fox News, and I did not speak out - because I prefer CNN.
Next they came for the Chamber of Commerce, and I did not speak out because I only work for a Company, I do not own it.
Then my Company was shut down, and I have no job. That is why I am in this welfare line.
Obama says I must not complain or he will cut off food for my children.


Anyone who does not see the trend in these actions by the Obama regime, does not understand how history works. Power. Tyranny is all about power. Yesterday I talked with a friend and decribed what I believe is growing evidence that we are on the same path to tyranny that befell Argentina in the late 1800s, and Germany in the mid 1900s. He said the standard "It can't happen here."

He is wrong. It is happening here and Americans are too complacent to realize how fast it can happen.


The backlash reported in this article is just talk. It is not changing the Obama actions in the least. It is just talk. That is the problem. His opponents are talking and Obama is acting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home